Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Resurrection Power

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ephesians 3:16-21 My Lord Jesus Christ, will You please grant to this weak child strength, reinforced by Your mighty power in my inner spirit, by Your Holy Spirit indwelling me personally.

I know this is already done, as I am aware of Your indwelling presence – but – I’m not always aware of Your power. Not physically, or spiritually - and yet, I am. This is confusing and not making sense.

v.17 – You actually have settled down – are abiding – making Your permanent home in me – in my heart.

I know that I must believe it, because that is what Your Word states. Then it says “may You (Jean) be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love.

This, too, I believe is done and I also know my roots grow deper and more secure every day. This I experience.

v. 18 (from the Message) says Jean, with both of your feet planted firmly on love, that you will be able to take in extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love (wasteful, excessive, unduly lavish, too costly, extreme, exorbitant!).

Reach out and experience the breadth. Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to its height! Life full lives, full of the fullness of God.

V 19 – that I may really come to know (practically) through experience for yourself, Jean, the Love of Christ which is far surpassing mere knowledge (without experience). That I may be filled through all my being unto the fullness of God. I may have the richest measure of divine presence and beocem a body wholly filled an flooded with God Himself.

Lord, one question here. Does this ebb and flow, or is it constant? Am I wholly filled with You always, but just not aware? I know I don’t always feel aware of this filling. And I also know that feelings and emotions are not good barometers of truth. So even thought I don’t know the answers to these questions, I choose this day – August 8, 2007, to believe and accept.

V 20 (amplified Bible) – that your power is at work within me, that I am able to carry out Your purpose, so super abundantly and far over and above all I dare ask or think, beyond my own highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams.

I am able because of Your indwelling power in me. To You be all honor and glory throughout all generations forever and ever, Amen! So Be It.

This is not any of my puny doing! It is Your Resurrection Power in this feeble body. WOW. Thank You for reinforcing this truth today.

No comments: