Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Miracle at the End

September 12, 2007
Joshua 3&4

What strikes me here is that several times in these two chapters it says “Listen to God, Your God!”

You are God, but You are very personal. You are my God. You know my name and my Jordan (river – the obstacles and problems in my life). I must listen closely to hear Your words of instruction and love to me. v. 17 – I must stand firmly planted in the battle of my problems while You work Your miracles. I will get through my Jordan with dry feet!

I was also struck by the order for one member of each tribe to take a stone from the middle of the Jordan and carry it over to the other side so they would have something to mark the occasion. A permanent memorial for the people and generations to follow.

I think of my journals as “markers” – testimony of Your work in my life and the ones I pray for. For me to remember and record for my children and grandchildren.

After all the people were safely across the priests left the middle and crossed, too. As the last one set foot on the opposite shore, Your Word says “the waters resumed their flow within their banks. Just as before. Had You not been in total control, when the waters were loosed, there would have been a flood – a flash flood. But no. The waters resumed as before within their banks! Wow!

Thank you, My Lord. When I read Your Word, just read, I miss so much. But when I read and then try to write down what I think you are showing me, I see so much more. I never before thought about the miracle at the end – when the river was loosed. You performed another miracle at the end. Praise be to the God of the Covenant. My God!

No comments: