Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Win-Win Situation

Nov 20, 2007

Romans 8:18-39

Paul talks about the present hard times and the coming good times. God is holding back the good times of rejoicing until all the creatures are ready.

I understand this to be saying that You, God, are patiently waiting for the last ones to be born into Your forever family. Then we will be ushered into the glorious times.

We are feeling the birth pangs now. Yearning for full deliverance. You say that waiting does not diminish us any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. The longer we wait, the larger we become and the more joyful our expectancy!

As I wait for my loved ones to return to You, do I wait in joyful expectation? I must admit it is more a frustrated cry “why is it taking so long?” Then I see in verse 20, “when we get tired of waiting, Your Spirit is right alongside, helping me along. When I don’t know what to pray, or even tire of praying, it doesn’t matter. Why? Because You do our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs and aching groans. You know our pregnant condition and keep us present before You. All the while you are shaping my life, conforming me in the image of Jesus – You’re beloved Son.

So, how can I lose? It is a win-win situation. There is absolutely nothing that can drive a wedge between Christ and me. Nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable.

Absolutely nothing can get between us and Your love because of the way that Jesus has embraced us. Hallelujah, Amen!

No comments: