Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adonai - Lord, Lord, LORD, master, or owner

Adonai
June 30, 2004

I bow before You as my Lord and Master. I acknowledge Your right to rule over me. Please take total possession of me and enable me to be totally submitted to You as my Lord and Master. As Your servant I have many benefits, but also responsibilities. As I submit to You, I have all I will ever need for the tasks You set before me. Benefits are:

Love, grace, forgiveness, protection, and rewards (Gen 15:1)
Your graciousness to me (Ps 123:2)
Sustain-ness and satisfaction (Ps 145:14-16)
Refuge (Ps 141:8-10)
Understanding (Ps 119:125)
Deliverance and victory (Judges 6:14-16)
And many more.

Responsibilities (some)
I must look to You – always
I must seek You
I must love the Lord my god with all my heart, mind, and soul.
I must lean on You
Be confident in You
I must allow You to direct my steps
I fear (stand in awe) and worship You (Prov 3:5-7)
I must honor You (every knee must bow and confess You Lord, to the glory of the Father Phil 2:10, 11)

Lord, Adonai, supreme ruler, the authority, controller, absolute ruler over all.

Romans 6:16-18 (New Living Translation)
“Don’t you (Jean) realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes you master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God – Adonai – and receive his approval. Thank god! Once you were a slave of sin, but now you are free from sin, your old master, and you have become a slave to your new master – Righteousness.”

I choose Adonai as my master! But in all truth, I have not chosen You, but You have chosen me. I acknowledge that choice and accept Your total ownership of me as a good thing. The best possible think in all the world. You are a loving and gracious master. There is none better. I am blessed!

No comments: