Thursday, November 26, 2009

Keep my heart aflame

December 12, 2007

Romans 12
Jean, if you preach, just preach God’s message.
If you help, don’t take over
If you teach, stick to your teaching
If you give encouragement, be careful that you don’t get bossy.

Lord, I know I’m not a preacher but I do tend to be “preachy.” I don’t usually tent to take over, I’m more apt to sit back and let others do everything. (am I lazy? I hope not.) I also know my gift is NOT teaching, but I do love sharing my passion, journaling, and drawing close to You through the word pictures of dancing.

Empower me, Lord, to use these tools so that others may know that intimacy with You is very possible and that You desire it probably far more than we do.

v. 9
Love from the center of who you are – don’t fake it. Keep me totally honest and open. Don’t allow me to run out of fuel, energy, passions. Keep my heart aflame and burning brightly for all to see and be warmed by it. Enable me to see beauty in everyone – to Your honor and glory.

No comments: