Monday, July 27, 2009

A well-taught tongue?

June 29, 2007
7:30 a.m.
Isaiah 50-51
V2. I AM, as powerful as ever and I can reverse what I once did. I can dry up the sea with a word and turn river water into desert sand. V3 Turn the lights out in the sky and pull down the curtain. (What an awesome, scary thought)

V4 the Master, God, has given me a well taught tongue, so I know I have to encourage tired people. He wakes me up, opens my ears to listen, as one ready to take orders.

The Master God, opened my ears and I didn’t go back to sleep, didn’t pull the covers back over my head. I followed orders.

Oh, my Master – are these words from Isaiah’s mouth and heart for me too? Is my tongue well-taught? Have I learned and heeded Your orders? Do I faithfully encourage tired people, or am I so focused on my own weariness that I don’t see the need and opportunities before me? Do I hang out at the center more because of what You do for me there, or do I really make a difference – a difference in others?

I want so to get it right, to be obedient, to hear You! My thought goes to a passage in Zechariah 6:15. Am I taking it out of context when it says, “This will confirm that god of the Angel armies did, in fact, send me to you” (Send me, Jean, to minister at the Center to the ‘tired’ people). All this follows as you (Jean) put your mind to a life of responsive obedience to the voice of your God.”

Am I making too much of the fact that once again as I write these words on this page there is one of Your rainbows on this page? Is this a personal confirmation of my ministry, or my motives? I’d like to believe it. I do so want to make a difference. I desire that my life does make a difference and that You do use me.

Am I just being “needy,” wanting attention? Do I always have to know? I should be content just being who You created me to be. Do I constantly need to be patted on the back and be told “You did good?”

Give me Your peace here, Lord. I love you so much and I want to please You, not just “feel” good. I love You Lord, and I worship You, no matter what.

As I go to the Center today and write Thank You cards and hang out, I want to do it all for You, regardless of what I may feel, or not feel. I know feelings often are not a dependable barometer. Enable me, my Lord to “put my mind to a life or responsive obedience to the voice of my God.” Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Jean - you do make a difference - thank you for responding in obedience to God's calling on your life - the way you hear His voice - and respond to His love - I want with Him what you have with Him - I so hope that one day (soon) I'll feel like His little girl - dancing in His arms... You leave such pictures in my head to ponder of what a great BIG and loving God we have - You do make a difference - and God is smiling on you precious child!
Hugs - Amanda