Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God never quits

June 27, 2007
7:15 a.m.

II Chronicles 20

King Jehosaphat prayed to God before his people – praising Him and pleading for His help against three great enemies (v 6-12) ending with “we don’t know what to do, we’re looking to You.” You, God, answer back, “This is God’s war – not ours” They were told to go meet the enemy “stand firm and watch” God’s saving work for them

Don’t be afraid – don’t waiver – march boldly – God is with you! They had the choir go before them praising God at the top of their lungs (early in the morning – I like that).

v. 20 Believe firmly in God, your God (my God) and your lives will be firm. Believe in your prophets and you’ll come out on top.” V21 Give thanks to God! His love never quits.

Later in Jehosaphat’s life Your word says “he lived a life pleasing God. No detours, no dead ends – pleasing god all his life. But he failed to get rid of neighboring pagan religions and later in life made an unholy partnership that failed.

My God and Father -
As I think of my own life and the battles I’m facing, they are mere “spots” compared to this battle Jehsosaphat was facing and compared to what others I know are facing. But I know the size of the battle does not matter to You. You are ”God in heaven above and ruler of all kingdoms below.” That includes where I live now!

You are aware of all I face and all I am concerned about. I’m facing old age – declining health of body (but not my faith or spirit – Praise God!!). You know my love and concern for my children and my grandchildren. Do I really believe? Do I trust with all my heart, not in my own understanding? Do I have the tenacity to stick to my faith, no matter how long it takes?

Yes! By faith (which I cannot see) I do believe and know you are ever faithful. You Never Quit! And I choose to keep standing firm, praising You for all these desires and requests I lay before You.

Enable and empower my Lord. Renew my spiritual vigor. May it grow even stronger as my physical vigor diminishes. But I am also trusting You to keep my physical being active and alive until my very end here. I do believe I have a purpose to fulfill for You and I will fulfill it – not by might, nor by strength, but by Your Spriit. Amen. So be it. May my life please you to the end here, and on into my new “forever life” in heaven.

May I never make any unholy alliance with the world or the enemy. Keep my eyes and heart so focused on You that I do not even hear or see the opportunities Satan sets before me. That would result in failure and that would not be pleasing to You. You Never Quit and I don’t want to either!

No comments: