Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jehovah-Shalom - the Lord is peace

August 18, 2004

He (Gideon) said, "Alas Lord God!  For now I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face."  And the Lord said to him "Peace to you, do not fear; you shall not die."  Then Gideon built an altar there to the Lord and named the Lord is Peace.  Judges 6:22-24

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift His countenance on you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:22-27

Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God, because he trusted in God.  Isaiah 26:3

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice!  Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men.   The Lord is near.  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of god which surpasses all understanding (comprehension) shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:4-7

Oh my god, Jehovah Shalom.  I need your peace today.  I know true peace cannot be found in any other place than in right relationship with You.  You Lord, are Peace.  My husband needs your peace.  I need your peace.  You know the circumstances.  You may have even orchestrated them to bring us to You on our knees.  I claim the peace You offer for myself and for my husband, as he doesn't know how to receive it. 

Right now my head is pounding.  Relieve the tension, fill me with that peace that surpasses all human comprehension!  May  Your face shine on us both, be gracious unto us and give us Your Peace and wisdom.  Keep our minds rock-solid, focused on You.  enable us to trust You and also be obedient to You so You can keep us in that place of peace. 

Jehovah Shalom - I accept your gift of peace, by faith.  Thank you and praise to the Lord of Peace.

No comments: