Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jehovah Sabaoth - The Lord of Hosts

August 23, 2004

The name Sabaoth means "mass."  In this case it refers to a mass of heavenly beings, a mass of angels, or an army of heavenly hosts.  Jehovah Sabaoth rules over all angelic hosts.  He rules over all the armies of heaven.  He is Lord over all powers, principalities, and rulers in high places.  (Kay Arthur)

I Samuel 1:11
And she (Hannah) was greatly distressed and prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly.  And she made a vow and said "O Lord of Hosts, if Thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thy handmaid and remember me and not forget, but will give me a son, I will give him to the Lord, all the days of his life."

"There is a name, Jehovah Sabaoth, that I can call upon in times of conflict and warfare.  It is a name that makes the very pillars of the universe tremble (Kay Arthur).

O my Lord, Jehovah, Sabaoth, Lord of Hosts.  We need you!  the battle we are in is Yours.  You are the one who is in charge and we can trust You.  We do not face the enemy alone.  No one in heaven or earth, angels, demons, or Satan himself can stand against You.

I know the situation is puny in the light of other things.  But it is one that keeps popping its ugly head up for us.  Do I have enough faith for the two of us?  My husband thinks he must handle everything.  he hasn't yet learned how to put it all into Your hands.  And I know I waffle back and forth, but I am learning.  I know we do not fight our battles with weak weapons of the flesh.  The battle is Yours! 

I know Your name is not some magic cure-all, or talisman, but You are a Strong Tower (Proverbs 18:10).  "The consistently righteous man (upright and in right standing with God) runs into it and is safe, high (above evil) and strong."

"In this refuge we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of

I know I have no righteousness in my own, it is Christ's righteousness who is consistent that covers me.  Thank you. 

Jehovah Sabaoth, I choose today, August 23, 2004, to run into the tower of the Lord of Hosts.  Have your mercy on us, Lord.  We need Your strength and wisdom. We need faith and trust and hope.  You are the One who is in charge and I can trust you, Jehovah Sabaoth, the Lord of Hosts: Jehovah El Elyon, the Sovereign Most High God:  Jehovah Nissi, our banner of victory.  Praise to Your Holy Names!

No comments: