Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jehovah-raah, My Shepherd

Psalm 23:1  "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."
"We are like sheep - all gone astray."  Isaiah 53:6
"My sheep hear my voice."  John 10:27
"We are the sheep of His pasture."  Psalm 100:3
"My people have become lost sheep."  Jeremiah 50:6
God's word says "He has magnified His Word above his Name."  Ps. 138:2

He says, "Save your people and bless their inheritance; be their Shepherd also, and carry them forever." Ps 28:9
"He who scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock."  Jeremiah 31:10
"For thus says the Lord God, 'Behold, I Myself will search for my sheep and seek them out, as a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep - so I will care for my sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day...I will feed my flock and I will lead them to rest...I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick."  Ezekiel 14:11, 12, 15, 16

It is not a bad life being a plain old sheep when I stop to consider that the Lord is my Shepherd (Kay Arthur).

Like a shepherd, He will tend His flock in His arms He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom;  He will gently lead the nursing ewes."  Isaiah 40:6

Father, God, Jesus My Shepherd:  Thank you that even as the young lambs grow into old ewes, You still love and tenderly care for them - for me.  We are not discarded.  You continue in Your passionate care of young and old and all in between. 

  • You keep me free from fear; protecting and leading me step by step.
  • You keep me free from hunger; providing good pastures that produce sustaining food.
  • You keep me free from friction by calming my anxious heart.  Your abiding Holy spirit relieves all tension and worry.
  • I am kept free from pests and illness by Your watchful eyes and wisdom on treating the ones that come along.  Your Word satisfies my spiritual hunger. (I Peter 2:2)
Your love enables me to trust and not become fearful (I John 4:16, 18)
Love replaces fear (II Timothy 1:7)
Your Word enables and empowers me to forgive others (Matthew 6:12-15)
and to keep close to You and keep the channel of love open (Matthew 5:23-24)

Surely Your goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:6)

Thank you, good Shepherd, for Your continuing watchcare over me.  Keep me close to You even if you must break my leg to do it.  I am Your sheep - I belong to You.  I love you.

No comments: