Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jehovah - Self Existant One

July 19, 2004

Jehovah - The most sacred name of all - used 6,823 times in teh Old Testament.  The I AM.  Exodus 3:14 "And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM, AND I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE."

Jehovah is the Being who is absolutely self-existant.  He possess essential life and permanent existance.  Exod 34:5-7 "And the Lord (Jehovah) descended in the cloud and stood with him (Moses) there and proclaimed the name of the Lord.  And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed 'The LORD, the LORD!  A God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth.  keeping mercy and loving-kindness for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgressions and sin.  But who will by no means leave the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and children's children to the third and fourth generations."

O my Lord, Jehovah - the Self Existant one One - You are who You claim to be.  the I AM, and if I have You, I have everything I will ever need.

You are the eternal "I AM."  You are Alpha and Omega.  You are the same yesterday, today, and forever.  All life is contained in You.

You are the same One who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and You have revealed Yourself to me - Jean!  You have been merciful and gracious to me - You have redeemed me from the pit of hell and called me your child.

You have a purpose for my life, and you will empower and enable me to accomplish that purpose - to Your eternal honor, glory and majesty. 

I worship you, Jehovah, the Self Existant One

No comments: