Thursday, April 1, 2010

El Shaddai - the All Sufficient One

El - meaning Power
Shad - the Breast
The thought expressed in the name Shaddai describes poer but not the power of violence. Shaddai primarily means "breasted" from the Hebrew word "Shad" that is "the breast" or more exactly a woman's breast.

Shaddai is one of the divine titles of God meaning The Pourer, or shedder forth of blessings, temporal or spiritual. (Names of God by Andrew Jukes).

El Shaddai pours Himself out for His children, gives His life blood, sheds forth his Spirit. The breast of a mother gives life to her child, she has power over the child.

Genesis 17:1 (Amplified) I Am the almighty God (El shaddai). Live and walk habitually before me, be perfect (blameless, wholehearted, complete) and I will make my covenant (solemn pledge) between me and you and will multiply you exceedingly."

My Lord, you created me and as El Shaddai, the All Sufficient One, You have power over me, Your needy child. You pour out life-giving sustainance into me. You shed Your life that me that I might be like you.

That I might live eternally. You sustain me day by day. I have never come away from you wanting - You are my El Shaddai, my All Sufficient One.

No matter what I need, You are there will wide open arms, to hold me on Your lap, dryin gmy tears, cleaning my open wounds, and applying your healing balm. Over and over again You have proved that You are my Protector and ahve beven so freely of Your unconditional love and grace.

You delight to run to help me. You delight to be my comfort. You long to hold me in Your protective arms. You pour Yourself out for me, your created one. You pour yourself into me that I might be like you.

My weakness, my stubborness, my frailty are nothing to you. You have all the might I will ever require.

El Shaddai, My All Sufficient One. I praise and thank You and give you all my love.

Click this link listen to the song El Shaddai sung by Amy Grant

March 25, 2006

No comments: