Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord who Heals

Exodus 15:26c "...I Am the Lord who heals you."

Psalm 147:3 (Amplified) "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (curing their pains and their sorrows)."

Psalm 103:2-3 (Amplified) "Bless (affectionately, grateful praise) the Lord, O my soul and forget not one of His benefits.  Who forgives (every one of ) all your iniquities, who heals (each one of) your diseases."

I Peter 2:24 (Amplified) "personally bore our sins in His own body on teh tree (as on an altar and offered Himself on it) that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness.  By his wounds you have been healed."

Lord, you are as active in wounding as You are in healing.  You often have to allow us to get so down, down to the bottom, so we will cry out to You for healing of our sina nd our sickness.

I thank you so very much that I am basically very healthy.  I credit this to You and praise You for blessing me in this way.  You do heal my body so often, just last week You healed the burn on my hand overnight. 

I praise you too that You heal our broken hearts and enable us to carry on with life and to use our experiences to encourage others. 

I am an old woman and I do not know what means you have planned for my coming home to you.  It may be sickness and disease, or an accident (so called) or just old age.  But I do know that I am ready and that I can trust You for the grace to die - even as I trust you daily for grace to live. 

For you are the One who has healed my sin-sick sould and who keeps these aging, creaky bones and weakened muscles working.  I praiser you, Joehova Rapha - My Healer!

No comments: