Thursday, November 19, 2009

What's next, Papa?

November 26, 2007

Romans 8, assorted verses.

Jesus personally took on the human condition, entered the disordered mess of struggling humanity in order to set it right one and for all. The law asked for what we couldn’t deliver but that is now accomplished as we, instead of redoubling our own efforts, simply embrace what the Spirit is doing in us.

Those who trust God’s action in them find that God’s Spirit is in them, the living and breathing God.

Attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious free life. Those in whom Christ dwells (you and me) will experience life on god’s terms. He’ll do the same thing in you (me) that he did in Jesus – bringing you alive in Himself.

When God lives and breathes in me (and He does, as surely as He did in Jesus), I am delivered from that dead life. With His Spirit living in my body, I will be alive as Christ is alive. This resurrection life I received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It is adventurously expectant and greets God with a child-like, “what’s next, Papa?”

Thank you, My Father, for this reminder that Your Spirit abides in me. May I live today with the enthusiasm of a child, expecting fun, exciting experiences that even bring You joy and pleasure too.

No comments: