Thursday, November 5, 2009

God's promise

October 18, 2007

Romans 4
v. 3 Abraham entered into what God was doing for him and that was THE turning point. V. 4-5 When we see that the job I too big for use, it is something only God can do. I must trust God to do it. It is this trusting Him to do it is what gets me set right with God. By God. A sheer gift. Embracing what God has done for me is what declares me fit before God.

v. 6-10 The promise God gave Abraham was not given because of something Abraham did or would od. It was based on God’s decision to put everything together for Abraham which Abraham then embraced when he believed. This was not a business deal. It was a promise.

The fulfillment of God’s promise depends entirely on trusting God and His way and then simply embracing Him and what He does. God’s promise arrives as a Pure Gift! God made something out of Abraham when he was a nobody. Abraham didn’t focus on his own impotence. He didn’t tip-toe around God’s promise asking skeptical questions. He plunged into the promise and came up strong, ready for God, sure that god would make good on what he said. AMEN!

Lord, enable and empower me to embrace Your promises to me concerning my family and my own needs for the future – even today. I think, too, of the great needs facing my friends. Give each of them the assurance of Your promises that they are meant definitely for them. Supply the faith they need to trust You in their very different circumstances.

No comments: