Sunday, January 28, 2018

What Language Shall I Borrow?

October 4, 2006  From a study on worship from Jack Hayford's book "A Heart of Praise"

Psalm 65:1-2 (NKJ) Praise is awaiting You, O God, in Zion; and to You the vow shall be performed.  O You, who hear prayers, to You all flesh will come.

Psalm 65: 1-2 (AMP)  To You belongs silence (the submissive wonder of reverences which bursts for the into praise) and praise is due and fitting to You, O God, in Zion; and to You shall the vow be performed.

God wants us to employ every part of ourselves:  body, soul, mind, and spirit in glorifying and worshiping Him.  When we speak, we are using our mind.  Humans can speak, animals cannot.

When we pray and praise we use our mind and tongue to use language – our language
  • Prayer of confessions
  • Prayer of petition (Matt 7:7
  • Prayer of praise (Ps 100:4)
  • Prayer of meditation – this is our way of waiting upon God to seek His will for us.
  • Prayer of intercession
  • Prayer of supplication
Intercession – we are bold enough to ask Him to step into the muddle of a situation
Supplication is contracting with God to invade our dilemma with His wisdom, power, and provision. 
Adoration – we magnify Him who is worthy above all others and we adore Him simply because of who He is!

My Lord, I use my mind deliberately to confess my sin to you this day.  Forgive  me for being complacent about sin.  I praise You for convicting me to repent and be cleansed. 

Even now, my Jesus, bring to the surface any unconfessed sin that I may stand before you, forgiven and clean.   Pride always pops us.  Forgive me for being proud as someone shared that they has used something I had said and done.  Enable me to not yearn for acknowledgement like that.   Forgive my pride.

May you clearly reveal your will to me as you speak to me in times of meditation.  May my intercession and supplication on behalf of all be acceptable this day.  

No comments: