Sunday, January 7, 2018

Go Ahead and Dance

September 30, 2006 - From a study on worship from "The Heart of Praise" by Jack Hayford

[Note:  Mom had polio as the age of 3 and lived her life with one leg 3" shorter than the other.  Thus, her balance and strength have never allowed her to dance - something she has longed for throughout her life)

Psalm 150: 3,4, 6
"Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the lute and the harp!  Praise Him with the timbrel and DANCE;  ... Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

II Samuel 6:14
 And David danced before the Lord with all his might."  

David worshiped God with unashamed passion!  He was joyous, jubilant, childlike, and humble in his praise."

The psalms are like this too.  The are dynamic and expressive.  They laugh and weep.  They lament and praise.  They reflect and emote.  And they DANCE. 

So, if the joy of the Lord penetrates you from head to toe, go ahead an dance!!
tever 
Almighty God, enable me to be so joyous and full of praise that at least my heart dances, celebrating your majesty and love and making Your praise glorious.

Allow me to praise in child-like abandon and freedom. 

Lord, as I have been reviewing and thinking about "my year to dance" it sets my heart to longing to dance in my spirit but also in my body.  

I watched the movie "Shall we Dance?" again last night and my heart and throat ache inside.  Keep me dancing, Father.  I never want to lose that desire to be in Your arms - following Your lead in the waltz of my life.  I also want to dance the Two Step and maybe even learn the Jitterbug in the joyous abandon of being Your partner in the dance of life.  

Psalm 30:11  "You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing."

Psalm 149:3  "Praise His Name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp."

Eccl 3:4 "A time to cry and a time to laugh.  A time to grieve and a time to dance."

I worship You, my Lord and King.  I am always amazed and humbled by Your acceptance of my worship.  Thank you for all You are teaching me about how to worship You.

As I facilitate the Worship Class [at the Women's Ministry Center], I want the others to be as excited about worship as I am and when they just stay so quiet and don't pay much attention or contribute, even with questions or comments, I feel I'm failing.  But, knowing You called me to do this, I must and I do choose to trust any and all results to You.

However, if there is any way You could use me to spark them into a little more interest or enthusiasm, show me!

July 25, 2009 - Several months ago as I was along in the warm water pool at Work Out West, I realized I can dance in the water.  Using a small bouyant exercise float, I can dance.  It is wonderful!  God and I meet and dance every Saturday when I am there alone.  Thank you Lord - so very much.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Linda for sharing this and others as well. I remember your Mom and always admired her. I also remember how Charlotte Whitney loved your Mom. I also admired and loved her. I think you probably know I worked for Ken for almost 40 years and I admired him for all I learned from him and for his trust in me. I admired Charlotte also for "putting up with Ken" all those years. She was a jewel!!