Saturday, June 4, 2022

Jesus speaking to me Colossians 2:6-7

 

Journal date:  November 11, 1998
Notes from a study of Andrew Murray’s book “Abide in Christ”  Day 5
 
Colossians 2:6-7   (paraphrase, personalization and application)
 
6.  Jean, remember back to the day you invited Me to be your Savior.   How did you do that?  It was simply by believing My Word – that I am who I say I am – “Christ, the Messiah."  Believing that you are a sinner in need of salvation.  In one word – FAITH!  You became a child of God by faith.
 
Now the only way you can live the Christian life is by faith! 
a)    You are saved by faith
b)    You will walk by faith
 
I will enable and empower you to conduct yourself and regulate your life in unity and conformity to Me.
 
7.  Each time you trust Me in a new area or situation, your roots become more firmly planted in Me.  I continually build you up, always confirming and establishing you in  your faith and trust in Me. 
 
Keep doing as I have taught you and you will abound and overflow in thanksgiving.  I am at work in you, Jean, just keep allowing Me freedom to do My work.  That is all you need to do.  Believe!


No comments: