Saturday, June 11, 2022

I am His and He is Mine

 Journal date November 15, 1998

Notes from a study of Andrew Murray’s book “Abide in Christ”  Day 6

 

I Cor 1:30 (KJV)  Of God are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, both righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.


I must remember daily, and be assured by faith, that I am in Christ Jesus.  This is not of my doing at all, but the work of the Almighty God.

 

Andrew Murray:

“If God alone has done this, that I am Christ, then God himself, the Infinite one, becomes my security for all I can need or wish, seeking to abide in Christ.

 

God does His work by moving into our work – His work is hidden and silent.

 

Conversion and faith, prayer and obedience, are conscious acts of which we can give a clear account, while spiritual quickening and strengthening that comes from above are secret and beyond the reach of human sight. 

 

From eternity, Christ and I were ordained for each other; inseparably we belong to each other; it is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.  It is of God, I am in Christ Jesus

No comments: