Saturday, December 10, 2011

Immanuel – God with Us

December 13, 2004


Isaiah 7:14 – (Amplified) “Therefore the Lord¸ Himself, shall give You a sign: Behold the Young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (God with us).
“God with Us”

You are not just with us – You abide within us. You could not be closer than this. You became human flesh so You would know by experience what we as man face day by day. There is nothing we are tempted by or experience that You have not faced and conquered.

As I write these thought and ponder this verse, I realize that the truth of “god with us” is so wonderful and yet I am guilty of taking it for granted. Forgive me. You know my every thought and emotion – even better than I do myself. You know because You are constantly with me and I am so grateful.

Anyone else, being with me 24/7, would be a nuisance, a bother. But You are not. You are not intrusive or tiresome. You are just here! You are here because You love me and You watch over my
every step.

Now that I am getting older my steps are, literally, unsteady. I need Your steady arm to keep me from falling. Even more so in my spirit – I need Your steady arm to guide my steps of faith. I need Your presence to assure me of Your presence – to assure me of Your love. I need to hear the words, I love You, Jean,” every day.  I also realize that You need and want to hear me say how much I love You everyday, too.

I do love and appreciate You, Lord, and I pray that as I walk with You each day, that I will be quick to express my love openly and often to You and others.

Immanuel – God with me! (reality!)

No comments: