Saturday, December 24, 2011

Choose Joy.

We've finished the posts from Mom's "Names of God" journal.  I'll be pulling a new journal out and posting entries soon.  So, I'll take this break to give you an update.

Mom is doing really well.  She moved out of her house of 40 years and has been living in an senior living apartment for about 15 months.  A few months after she moved I asked her if she was happy living there.  Her response?  "I choose to be." 

That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?  It's the lesson I've been trying to teach my kids for 25 years.  You can choose to be happy; circumstances don't make you happy, you choose joy! 

So that's the entry for today.  Choose Joy.  Choose to be happy.  Life doesn't often turn out the way we planned, but you can choose joy.  It's not a lesson I've mastered, but I'm working on it!

1 comment:

Mary J said...

I have found your blog 5 years after your last post and yet it is so welcomed in my present day 2017 search for a deeper relationship to Christ. Thank you for posting your journaling and your mother's it's amazing how the guidance of a Christian woman can resound for generations!