Sunday, June 21, 2009

Unfading Halos

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Isaiah 35:3-10 (The Message)

Energize the limp hands (Yea Lord, my hands are weak and bent and gnarly with arthritis). Strengthen the rubbery knees (My left knee is deformed, angled to the left and painful). BUT! . . .

God is here – right here! On his way to put things right. Courage! Take heart, my Dear. (v 6) lame men and women will leap like deer. The voiceless break into song.

Jean, it is not the condition of your body that really matters – it is the condition of your heart and spirit, of your relationship with Me. I am the One who causes your heart to sing (and whistle).

Sing, Sing, Sing to Me and with Me. Listen as I sing and dance over you with great joy.

Do not despair – Rejoice. You are my Redeemed One. (v10) I give you “unfading halos” of joy encircling your head. I welcome you home with gifts of joy and gladness. All sorrows and signs scurry into the night.

Keep praising me. Keep worshiping Me. You will never regret it!

No comments: