Monday, May 30, 2022

My Prayer – Psalm 65

 

November 4, 1998

My Prayer – Psalm 65

Notes from a study of Andrew Murray’s book “Abide in Christ.”

 

Psalm 65:1-13 (paraphrase, personalization and application)

1.  Lord I know that I do not stand in silent submissive wonder in true reverence before you often enough.  I am always coming with my needs and my wants, desiring that You make my life easier and more comfortable.  How selfish can I be?  I am here now because I am hurting inside - not knowing what to do or not to do.  Turn my thoughts away from myself.  Cause my spirit to burst forth in praise to You.

 

2.  O that all people would come to you in prayer.  For you do hear every cry, whether it be audible or just a moan in our spirits.

 

3.  You are the ultimate of compassion.  When we go our own ways, not thinking before we speak or act, You forgive and cleanse us.  Thank you.  Jesus has made full atonement for all our sin – past, present, and future.  Praise God

 

4.  I choose to come near to dwell in Your presence.  I know you will satisfy my heart, fill me with Your goodness.  Enable me to focus on You and not my puny problems

 

5.  Your words and actions are fearful and terrify those who do not know You.  But because we know each other You cause my heart to sing Your praises.  You fill me with gladness.  You are my hope and confidence.  In You I choose to trust.

 

6.  Surely You, who made the mountains, can handle things here for me.  You stilled the stormy sea with your voice.  Now still the storm within me today.

 

7-8. I know You do not want Your beloved ones to live in fear of Your power.  Your presence makes the morning and evenings shout for joy.  Hallelujah!  Amen!

 

9.  You saturate the earth to enrich it.  You are the river of Life – living water for our spirits, the Bread of Life for our sustenance. 

 

10.  You carefully tend the fields that we may have food for our bodies, but even more important is the provision for our spirits.

 

11.  You have crowned my years with Your bounty; with physical and spiritual goodness

 

12.  My pastures are luxuriant, dripping with moisture and filled with joy.

 

13.  May I shout for joy at Your faithfulness to this lowly servant.  May we sing together with love for one another.  

No comments: