Sunday, March 11, 2018

Worship and the Meaning of Life



Friday, October 27, 2006  From a study on worship from Jack Hayford's book "A Heart of Praise"

Psalm 90:12  “So teach us (me) to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”

When life seems hard, defeating, unfulfilling, and aimless, we must be as honest in our prayers as the psalmist was.  Cry out to God, not in dark unbelief, but in the light of HOPE.  Worship God!

The fact that our heart isn’t overflowing with blessings or abundance need not be a hindrance to our worship.  We should never stay away from our public, or private, worship because ‘we don’t feel like worshiping.’

Even in the dark times we must realize the vast power of worship to give our lives meaning and purpose.  If we surrender to the liar who is veiled in feelings of despair and aimlessness, we will bow before hopelessness, exchanging the Almighty God for a lesser god.

When we worship God even in despair, we defy the enemy and declare our valuing of the good, the best – the Lord.  There is no more worthy purpose to praise and no more worthy time for it. 

In worship of our Lord putting God first enables us to focus on His Love, our blessings, instead of temporary feelings of despair.

The despairing moments will pass.  We will overcome by remaining in God’s presence.  In our times of confusion and aimlessness, remember that the power of worshiping in the darkness will enable us to order our days aright and to finish them, not with a sigh, but with a SHOUT.

Lord, grant me, as I praise You, a vision of who I am and what I am to do.  Enable me to order my days in ways that glorify Your name, and even when I cannot see my way, to trust Your providence. 

In Jesus, my Lord! Amen

No comments: