Monday, March 7, 2011

The God Who Sings

November 28, 2004
Zephaniah :17 (New Living) "For the Lord your god has arrived to live among you.  He is a mighty Savior.  He will rejoice over you with great gladness.  With His love He will calm all your fears.  He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

My lord and personal Savior - You not only have arrived to live among us, Your people, but you actually live in my body.  You Holy Spirit makes his home within me.  This fact is enough to make me sing and dance for joy.  Then I read on and Your Word say that You rejoice over me in great gladness.  That You sing a happy song over me!  This is amazing.  The God of Creation sings over me!  Wow.  This is awesome.

You calm all of my fears with Your love just like a mother singing a lullaby over her fussy child.  Oh that You care that much to take the time to cuddle me and sing me to sleep.  And to sing a happy, playful song as well.  True rejoicing!

May You hear and rejoice as I sing and whistle for You, and I pray You will open my ears to hear the songs You sing over me.  Gladness results when we allow You to be with us.  This causes You to sing over us.  If we want to be happy we must draw close to the only true source of happiness. 

The God who sings.  Hallelujah!

No comments: