Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Elohim – Creator

“El” means mighty or strong. “Him” is a plural ending in Hebrew. Elohim indicates the Trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Gen 1:26 “Then God (Elohim) said “Let Us make man in Our image.” God created me. I exist because of God. He who formed the swirling galaxies, blazing stars, and the orbiting planets also formed me.

Isaiah 43:1, 3, 4, 7
Thus says the Lord, your Creator “I am the Lord your God (Elohim) you are precious in My sight. Everyone who is called by My name and whom I have created for my glory whom I have formed, even whom I have made.

As your creation, I have no right to do as I please. You created me for Your flory. I am to give an accurate opinion of who you are. This brings You glory. This I do as I live my everyday, ordinary life according to and in agreement with Your will.

I cannot do this in myself. I must trust Your Holy Spirit who abides in me, to empower and motivate me. I sit here surrounded by the beauty of your creation with the chorus of birds waking to a new day. I, too, want to add my song of praise to Elohim, my Creator!

I praise You that You formed me in my mother’s womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. You planned me and my life. You have a purposeful reason for my existence. You revealed Yourself to me. You redeemed me from certain death. You have given me a hunger to know You better. You have called me to intercessory prayer and given me the gift of encouraging others.

I desire to follow the example of the rainbow. As the sun shines through a prism, the brightest colors are in the direct line of the sun. The dimmer ones are not quite in perfect alignment. I want to be all that You have created me to be. To be a bright beautiful light for You that brings Your glory and blesses others too.

I trust You to keep me in direct line so Your SON will shine in me and through me.

No comments: